OK, I know I am going to sound so super silly, but apparently you can put babies down for naps. Yes, I know I have been a mom for almost four weeks now. This shouldn't be a new thing, but it is.
Previously, our routine included eating, rocking Grant to sleep, and then putting him in the swing in the living room or having play time on mommy's lap. This would last for about 20 or 30 minutes and then he would be fussy, so I would have to hold him. He never wanted to be put down! That makes it difficult to do other things... like eat lunch.
Today, I fed Grant, played with him a bit, rocked him to sleep and then... put him in his bed!!! He has been sleeping for almost 30 minutes now. I have cleaned the kitchen, made the bed, gotten dressed and even had time to blog. WOW! I sure hope this is a trend...
And I hope that learning "mommy" things slowly is not a trend.
No comments:
Post a Comment