Last year (haha), I threw a little get together for my high school/college girlfriends and their hubbies. We had apple-pumpkin soup, ham, green bean casserole, twice baked potatoes and apple pie. I was so glad everyone could come (minus Leigh Ann, who ran into a snafu or two)! It's always so great to get together with these girls and I am so glad they could fit us into their busy holiday seasons.

I worked on setting the table for weeks. I found this really cute idea on one of my favorite blogs (
www.hostessblog.com)... she took her wrapping paper and made a table runner. It was inexpensive and could be changed every year. Since I bought red and white wrapping paper this year, I decided to copy her idea.

We also opened Christmas Crackers after the main course. I read online somewhere that they are an old British tradition. That's all that had to be said about them. I searched everywhere (and had Erica searching, too) until I found ones that matched my table. Each cracker had a paper crown, a joke and a small prize.

The Apple Pie Queen. Steph made the pie crust from scratch (as well as the rest of the pie). It was delish!

Julie brought Grant this teether. When he bites down on the star, it vibrates. He carried it around with him all night and still loves to play with it.

Each guest had a gratitude bag. You could write something nice on a piece of paper and secretly stick it in their bag. Each note was supposed to contain a reason why you were thankful for that person, something you loved about them or a holiday wish for them. Jessica, of course, changed the rules a bit. She claimed the bags should be greivencebags instead of gratitude bags! Let's just say we all got a kick out of it!

Julie and my boy. I was glad Julie and Jared spent some of their limited family time with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment