Our MOMS Club set up a trip to a local nature center where our toddlers could learn all about turtles. Grant was the youngest toddler there. He might not have quite understood everything, but he really enjoyed being outside and playing.
When we first arrived, there was a green turtle sandbox filled with balls. The balls were supposed to represent turtle eggs and the children were supposed to bury them in the sand so they could "hatch." Well, it was very apparent that my child doesn't understand abstract themes yet. He dove into the sandbox and tried to throw all the balls out. All the other children were standing nicely at the edge and burying their "eggs." In Grant's defense, we have the same sandbox in our backyard and he is allowed to get IN it.
A small rest for two very active little boys.
This little pond was home to many turtles. I think they were a little far for Grant to see, but he sure does seem thoughtful. I wonder what he was looking at?
Grant pointing out which turtle was his favorite.
Grant wanted to play afterwards. Like I said before, he was the youngest toddler there. When he was on the playground, he wanted to do what the big kids were doing. That meant climbing up stairs and going down slides. So, I picked him up and did it with him. After our first ride, Grant insisted on going again and again. He wore me out!
1 comment:
That pic of you and Grant is so cute!! I love the outings that you have available to you...we have nothing like that here..lol.. but we create our own adventures sometimes! haha
Love to you guys!
xx
Cath and Zach
Post a Comment