Thursday, July 23, 2009

Two-Word Phrases and Splash Park Fun

Have I mentioned lately how perfect my sweet boy is? I know... an odd thing to be saying about a 15-month old who likes to assert his new found independence, but he is showing us daily what a sweet-natured boy he really is. He loves to give hugs (especially to small children), he randomly gave his only car to a lady at church last week and his big grin anytime someone walks into a room is such a friendly welcome.
I'm sure my mushiness has nothing to do with the fact that Grant said, "love you" for the first time today! He is starting to say many two-word phrases. His favorites include all right, all done, hi daddy, and LOVE YOU! Oh, another cute story... I asked him today, "Where's mommy's baby?" He normally lifts up my shirt and pats my belly. Today, he put one hand on either side of my belly and gave it a great big hug. Too sweet!
On to the pictures: Grant, Gary and I went to a nearby splash park today. Grant had a blast! He loves all things water and he loves being around other children, so this was the perfect place.
"Hi, mom. I'm just waiting for the water to shoot up again." "Oh, there it is!"
And again...
...and again...
... and again!

1 comment:

Julie said...

That splash park looks like the perfect place for a little boy who loves to be surprised!