With the upcoming birth of our second son, we decided it would be nice to have a 'day of fun' with Grant. We didn't do anything lavish or over the top, but included everyday activities that Grant just loves into our day. Gary took the day off in honor of the event and we started the morning with a yummy breakfast casserole.

After breakfast, we headed to the 'train park.' That's what I call it because it is right next to the train tracks. We were hoping that we may get to watch a train pass by while we there. We knew that would put a smile on Grant's face. While we waited for a train, Grant played on the playground.

He had a great time playing 'chase' with daddy.

"You can't get me!"

After playing for a while, we walked over to the old train depot. We were still hoping we would see that elusive train, but no such luck. We were there for over an hour and no train passed (Which I find ironic because every time I am trying to leave town in a hurry, I get stopped by a train!).

Next, we walked over to the library. We, of course, found a book on Thomas the Train. Grant had a great time exploring the bookshelves and finding just the right book.

We finally went home to take a break for lunch and
naptime. Then we made homemade cookies and went on an
excruciatingly long walk (well, for me). I know my boys would have loved to walk at a more human pace, but I was set in snail mode.
We played in the backyard, watched The Polar Express and then took another walk to a
friday night playoff football game.
Phewwww... what a great and busy day! I am going to miss it being just the three of us, but we are so looking forward to meeting the newest member of our little family!
1 comment:
I can't wait to meet him either!!!
Post a Comment