Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Baby (Craft) Makin'

I've been in a crafty mood lately. I just love making baby stuff. I wanted to celebrate Austin's arrival by making him a little shirt. I just bought a white onesie and made my own owl applique. I thought it turned out pretty cute.
Grayson got to model the final product. It was super easy and took no time at all. I wanted to stitch 'night owl' on it, but you'd be surprised how little room there is on a 0-3 month onesie! Next, I took on making my very first piece of clothing ever for Sadie's first birthday. I started with a pattern, but it wasn't working out the way I wanted it. So I also ended up making my very first pattern ever.
The dress is intended to grow with little Miss Sadie. That's why I added the adjustable ribbon sleeves. Erica will have to let me know how that turns out! I have to say I was pretty proud of myself for making this... even though the seam ripper was my best friend for a couple of weeks.

No comments: