Well, it's done. Grant is now three! (sniff, sniff) This is the first year that he just talked non-stop about his party! I guess I would be working on a few things and mention to him that it was for his birthday party. So we'd go about town, he'd see something he liked and would ask, "Is that going to be at my party?" No. No, Grant. The engine and fifty train cars are not going to be at your party...

... but we did have a train themed party. I made the shirt for him a day or two before the party. He loved it! He also found a new place to play with his trains. He LOVES to play with them in the sandbox now. They leave tracks behind (he gets a big kick out of that) and he can bury them. He's constantly coming up to me and saying, "Momma, where'd itty bitty Thomas go?" And I have to go find him in the sand.

Speaking of the sandbox, it apparently is a big hit with the toddler set....

... I was wondering how many toddlers you could fit into one sandbox!

One of the great things about this party was it was a great mix of family and friends. AND Greg, Jen and Austin got to come for the first time! We're going to love having them so close.

On to the activities... Gary made his yummy oatmeal cookies in the shape of a train engine. All the kiddos got to decorate a cookie with icing and sprinkles. Then put their cookie along with the matching cookie cutter (thanks, Erica) in a goodie bag. I'm sure it was a yummy treat for later... especially with all those sprinkles!

Grant decorating his cookie.

See what I mean about the sprinkles? That seemed to be the kids' favorite part!

A sweet picture of Grandpa and Grayson.

Next, we did some finger painting. I, in keeping with the theme, told them to paint a train. I did not expect that to happen, but it made me feel like this activity belonged at the party. The kids LOVED this part. Especially Grant. He was covered in paint by the end and I loved watching every minute of it.

Grant and his best buddy, Michael.

Ok, now you'd think I might be upset by this. But I actually hope it never washes off. Just a reminder of how much fun Grant had!

I think every kid managed to touch this piece of paper! I promised Amory she could have it when it dried!

Bibby, John and Austin.

"Cheese!"
Now, I have to tell you that my dear, sweet husband was in charge of picture taking. He did a great job, but there are some things I wish I could show you that I worked really hard on. Like the cupcakes. And the centerpieces. And the banners. Well, I'll just have to recreate it again another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment