Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Artists in Training

A friend of mine blogged about her boys' personalized paintings the other day. I loved them! I had been looking for something to put on the walls in the boys' new room and this was the perfect idea (thanks, Katy)! Instead of doing the boys' full names, I decided to let them paint their monograms.
I printed out their initials and used a temporary adhesive to attach it to the canvas while they painted. Grant was just a little confused as to why it didn't spell "G-R-A-N-T," which reminded me that I needed to teach him about his middle and last names!
My silly kid posing with his painting. Quite a masterpiece! Grayson loves painting. However, he hates getting dirty. No finger painting in his future. Both my boys insisted on having paint brushes and lots of paper towels near by (just in case).
"Isn't beautiful, mom?"
Grayson only paints in horizontal lines. Anything else is where I held his hand and "helped" him. He was finished at this point. Thought it looked beautiful! However, it wasn't enough paint to make his initials, so I filled in the rest with some background color. I'll post a picture of it hanging on the walls next week.
In other news, we've been taking it a little easy for almost two weeks. Grant had high fever off and on for six days. After a couple trips to the doctor, we determined that he had two ear infections and pneumonia. My poor boy is on a SUPER good antibiotic and feeling much better!

No comments: