Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm Blaming This One on Erica

When Erica was pregnant, she had this great idea that would make her pre-pregnancy clothes last a little bit longer. She took a rubber band and placed one end on the button of her pants and then looped it through the button hole and placed the other end around the button. Ingenious! It gave all her pants another inch or so of wiggle room. So, I try that this morning. Works great! I love it! Off to work I go. About 20 minutes after arriving at work, I take my first bathroom break. As I am undoing my fancy new latching system, the rubber band falls into the toilet! No kidding! There is no way I can button my pants... luckily, no one is really at work yet, but I can not find another rubber band! The supply closet doesn't have any and I never use them, so I start rummaging through other people's desks (the whole time I have one hand holding up my pants). Doesn't anybody use rubber bands anymore? I finally spotted one on the floor next to the fax machine. I run to pick it up. It's one of those extra-large, extra wide, Superman-type rubber bands, but I am desperate! So I loop it through three times and take a sigh of relief. Some ideas are great for some people, but I always seem to have a way of messing them up! PS Love ya, Erica! :)

No comments: