Gary and I went to the doctor yesterday. It was fantastic! I didn't actually think I would get to see the baby this time, but he did an abdominal ultrasound. Here is the brief synopsis:
1.) I lost two pounds.
2.) We saw the baby and lots of baby parts! We could see the head and both arms and both legs. Cutest baby I've ever seen!
3.) We also saw the heart beating. I was slightly disappointed because I thought we would get to
hear the heart beat, but I will not deny an opportunity to actually
see my baby. The doctor said the heartbeat was about 150
bpm. He also said this does not determine gender... see my next post for why he said this!
4.) The baby is 49mm long. That is two inches! I took a ruler out today to get a visual... that's huge! I can't believe it! Last time he/she was only 8mm.
5.) Because of the size of the baby, Dr. Klein feels that his due date might be wrong (I have said this from the beginning). However, he thought the baby might come two weeks earlier than his previous due date of April 15
th (putting it at late March). I disagree again. I think the baby will be here between April5
th-8
th. That's just my guess, but for some reason it feels right!
6.) We scheduled the day of our Anatomy Scan... November 14
th! The baby will be between 18 and 20 weeks old and hopefully we will be able to see if it is a boy or girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment