Grant went to see the pediatrician again yesterday for his 6 month check-up! He received the usually round of shots (and we threw in a flu shot for good measure). He did extremely well, especially considering it was during
nap time. Dr. Q had him rolling in laughter, which prompted him to tell me the following: "With his personality the way it is, you are going to have your hands full when he starts to become mobile." My response: "Starts?" He can already make it across a room in 10 seconds flat AND he is trying to pull up on everything.
But everyone keeps making the comment that he's going to cause trouble... I take it as a compliment. It means he is super curious and loves to learn new things. However, I think it is meant more as a warning.
Anyhow, I had a mini panic attack at the doctor's office. Please recall that Grant's weight was in the 5
th %
ile at his two month check-up. We were given instructions on how to help him gain weight. As Erica says, "Grant follows instructions well." He is now in the 95
th %
ile. I
panicked because I don't want an overweight baby. And this seems like such a wild swing in weight, but once again our doc played it cool and reassured me that unless he stayed at that percentile for a long period of time, there is nothing to worry about. (I also realized later that I fed him a 9oz bottle immediately before his doctor's visit, so maybe that affected the weight a bit.) Anyhow, here are the stats:
Height: 26 1/2 in 67%
Weight: 20 lbs 6 0z 95%
Head: 17 1/4 in 67%
No comments:
Post a Comment