Grant is like a little man now. He understands almost everything you say to him, and he is adding new words daily to his expressive vocabulary. Most recently, though, we have picked up on a few words and phrases that aren't so flattering. While I think my child is the most polite boy on earth (He uses please and thank you all the time. We are working on sorry and excuse me.), we have started to learn that there are some not so nice ways to say things as well.
He came home last week from MDO saying, "Mine." I never use that word in the hopes that he won't. But in light of the increasing frequency in which he describes the possession of his objects, I think that strategy has failed. The other two phrases he is using on a more regular basis are 1.) No way! 2.) Go away! Now, these two sound really similar, so it may be that he is saying just one of them, but I swear he tells me to 'go away' sometimes. I'm hoping all the pleases and thank yous are going to overshadow his momentary lapses into rudeness.
2 comments:
Well, Aimee - what can I say? When Katy was little and we lived in Holland, she even learned to say no in Dutch because she would get more of a reaction from the Dutch little old ladies in the grocery store!! All you can do is try, right? (He is an adorable giraffe, by the way. Live, Mrs. Bitler
Jordan is not in MDO, nor do I say "mine" or "go away" but she still managed learn them anyway. I think all kids are born knowing these words!
Post a Comment