Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Parade and...Santa???

Saturday evening, we headed over to City Hall to watch a Christmas parade! We were concerned about parking, so we arrived quite a bit early. The parade was supposed to start at 6:00, but since we were at the very end of the parade route, we didn't see any action until about 6:30. Needless to say, we had to entertain Grant for nearly an hour. Luckily, all the Christmas decorations were so interesting, they kept him busy!
He loved running up and down the lights. He was laughing so hard and would just repeat, "Ights, ights!" Grant really loves Christmas lights. It almost makes me wish we had taken the time to decorate our house this year (not that we don't have other things going on). When he wakes up in the morning, he heads straight to the Christmas tree and says, "Ights!" I turn them on and he is happy just to look at them! Me and my boy! Grant sat on Gary's shoulders the entire parade. He hardly moved because he was so intently watching every float that passed by. The only exception to this is... ...the fishy face! I'm not sure why he was making this face during the parade. I don't remember seeing any fish, but we have been practicing and practicing what animals say and do (He hasn't been interested in animals at all, just trains and cars. I decided he needed a little diversity in his education, so I am forcing it upon him! Ha!). I guess some of it is sinking in! After the parade, we were supposed to get pictures taken with Santa. We got in line early, but we waited and waited for Santa to show up. It was nearing bed time and Grant is not too keen on standing in lines, so we just decided to go home. Luckily, we saw Santa the next afternoon at church!

No comments: