Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

Well, it's official. Spring has sprung! The last few days have climbed into the 70s and we have been enjoying every last minute of it. Gary spent the weekend cleaning up the yard and giving Grant's sandbox an overhaul. Fresh new sand and warm temperatures has made this the place to play!
I prop open the back door and let Grant run between the house and the backyard. He spends most of his time in his sandbox. This makes things really easy on me... I'll fold laundry by the back door or wash dishes while watching him out the window. And I don't have to worry about him coming behind me and unfolding the laundry or pulling the dishwasher open. His sandbox has a new location (the old location was taken over by fire ants), but I think it might be too sunny here in the afternoons. I was worried about him getting sunburned, so we might have to find a more appropriate spot.
He was so focused on playing, he didn't even notice I was outside with him. On a side note, Grant came home from MDO yesterday with a mohawk. One of his teachers decided it was the look for him. It was adorable. This picture shows his mohawk after a nap and hours of play. Wish I could have gotten a picture of his new do sooner. If you're wondering why his arms are flailing about, it's because he's dancing to the Thomas theme song.

No comments: