Thursday, March 6, 2008

Gary, Gary, Gary

So we got back Wednesday night from Gary's school shower, and we were just sitting around admiring all our pretty things (I'll blog about the actual shower later... it was great!). We usually don't do much in Grant's room during the week, but my sweet husband wanted to try to get some stuff done. So we decided to put up the blinds (that we special ordered through Home Depot) in his room. Gary is using an electric drill to screw in the brackets on the sides of the window. The cord is about a 1/4 inch too short, so he goes and grabs an extension cord. It doesn't work. We throw that one to the side and he goes to get another one. He plugs it in and tries to start the drill. Nothing. He tries again. All of a sudden there are sparks flying out of the outlet, Gary yanks the cord out of the wall, and we are sitting in total darkness. Gary stumbles out of the room to the breaker box. Luckily, we have only tripped the breakers. When the lights come back on, I can see the smoke marks around the outlet. Gary decides to manually screw in the brackets. That takes forever. He finally gets one screw in each bracket and we decide to see how the blinds will look... they don't fit. They are an 1/8 inch too long, at the most! So, we try a bunch of stupid things (I'll spare you the details), but nothing works. Gary finally gets so frustrated that he hits his hand against the bracket... in the process, he slices his finger open. I couldn't look, but I was trying to convince him that we needed to go get stitches or at least a tetnus shot. His response was, "There isn't anything to stitch back together." That wasn't very comforting. Needless to say, we had to go back to Home Depot and see if they would replace our special order blinds (did I mention that we left those brackets in the wall?). It's really hard to say no to someone who is nine-months pregnant and really good lookin'! :) Our new blinds are scheduled to be delivered March 23rd... Easter Sunday. Somehow, I don't think that is going to happen.

No comments: