Well, we're home! Grant and I were discharged from the hospital on Friday. We got him all bundled up in his little going home outfit and they actually let us leave. I kept waiting for "the movie" to end. None of it seemed real to me. The whole thing felt surreal and I have to keep telling myself that Grant is really here, he is really mine, and I will get to kiss his toes just as long as I want (well, at least until he's four or five, right?)
Our first night wasn't so pleasant... Grant had his little "boy" surgery that morning and he was very uncomfortable. Needless to say, Gary and I were up all night trying to get him to sleep... no luck. Mom took him about 5 AM and Gary and I slept for a whole two hours. That never felt so good. The next few nights have been getting better and better. He wakes to feed every three or so hours and then goes right back to sleep. What a perfect baby! We love him! :)
Gary went back to work today and Gary's mom is staying with us a couple of nights. Gary called me during his conference period and was just so upset that he had to be away from us. He was been a wonderful dad. He is cleaning, cooking, changing diapers (that will forever be his job) and just being a wonderful husband. My mom and his mom have been helping us out tremendously and I am hopefully on the road to recovery (although I am not so sure because I take a million grams of pain killer daily... maybe I just
feel better).
I promise to have pictures up soon of our precious boy. I know that is what everyone really wants to see on this blog. I have borrowed my dad's laptop and internet card, so I will have internet access for a little while, but I need to figure out the whole picture thing on this computer.
Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. God has definitely granted us a dream come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment