We had a family outing today to the farmer's market. Grant and I go quite a bit during the week to get fresh fruit and vegetables. It's just a few miles from the house, so it makes a quick outing. Well, strawberries are in season and you can pick your own for $1.50 a pound. What a deal! It was a beautiful, crisp afternoon and we enjoyed every minute.

Grant was trying to find the perfect strawberry.

He was a natural at picking strawberries. We didn't even have to show him how.

However, he was not a natural at eating them. He stuck the whole thing in his mouth... leaves and all! I tried fishing out the leaves, but no luck.

This was our only family portrait for the day. I wish Grant was looking at the camera.

Priceless. That strawberry did not taste good!

I couldn't resist taking this picture. Gary and I both wanted to take this Oak Tree home. Absolutely beautiful!

Some of our freshly picked strawberries.

"When are we going home? You promised I could have some Strawberry Shortcake before bedtime!"

Grant doesn't like to be held anymore when we are out and about. Earlier today, while we were running errands, he refused to even let me hold his hand. This is a last resort "trick" that has worked for us over the last couple of weeks. He doesn't seem to mind being held if he has this great vantage point.
No comments:
Post a Comment