Monday, March 9, 2009

Sweet, Lovable Dork

Our class at church is studying about the relationships within the family. This past Sunday, we were specifically talking about our self-esteem and how it affected others. During class, we divided a sheet of paper in two. On one side, we wrote what we liked about ourselves. On the other side, we wrote what we didn't like about ourselves. At the end of class, we had to switch papers with our spouses. Our homework for the week is to make our spouse feel better about the things they don't like about themselves. Gary comes in today and after a few minutes says, "The Oaks in the front yard are looking really strong today." Yeah, I was confused, too. Then I remembered that one of the things I don't like about myself is I don't have a green thumb. I kill all plants I touch. That was his way of making me feel better. I do have to admit that I laughed... however I don't think that should count for his homework! :)

No comments: