Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Grant's First Day of 'School'

We signed Grant up for a Mother's Day Out program two days a week. Last week, we got to go meet his teachers (he has two) and explore his classroom. There are six kids total in his class, four boys and two girls. Yesterday was his first official day of school. It starts at 8:15, so I had to wake Grant up at 7:45 (he was still snoozing away) and get us ready in a hurry. It's at a church less than a half mile from our house, so you wouldn't think we would be late. We were.
My sleepy boy posing for a before school picture. I know you can't tell in this picture, but he is saying, "cheese." When I dropped Grant off, he cried for just a few seconds and then seemed fine. I watched through a one-way mirror for a while and finally left. The whole morning I was doing my best not to break into tears in front of him. I managed to drop him off without getting too emotional, but as soon as I got to the car, I started crying.
Grant, on the other hand, did just fine! He barely acknowledged me when I came to pick him up. He was too busy playing. And both his teachers said he did a great job! He ate all his food, didn't fuss and was the first one to lay down and take a nap (two whole hours on a nap mat with five other children in the room... I was shocked). We'll see if tomorrow goes better... for me, that is!

No comments: