Sunday, September 13, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

I know I am a bit late in posting this. In fact, I have been a bit of slacker in the blogging department in general. For the last three weeks, I have been sick with one thing or another. I have been just vegging on the couch most of that time and, oddly enough, I haven't wanted to even look at the computer.
But we did manage to have a good time over Labor Day weekend! We first celebrated my mom's birthday by spending the night up at my parent's house. I made an Earthquake Cake and, since Grant had already gone to sleep, we whispered "Happy Birthday to You." Mom said she had never had it whispered before. Always trying to keep things new!
The next morning we just hung out at home and enjoyed some good company. Uncle Mike, Grant and Aunt Robin. Grandpa, Grant and Oma. We went straight to Gary's parent's house from my parent's house so that we could celebrate Bibby's birthday. Greg and Jen had come into town, too! So we got to visit with the whole family!
Uncle John reading to Grant. He can name almost every animal in Brown Bear, Brown Bear (Grant, not John)! We're still working on saying, "horse."
Tippi and PawPaw (the ultimate hosts).
Since Jen and I are both prego at the same time, we couldn't pass up the chance to take a belly pic together. This is Jen at 14 weeks and me at 22 weeks.
We had grilled corn on the cob before Greg and Jen had to leave. I took the cob and started slicing pieces of corn off for Grant. He wouldn't have anything to do with it... he wanted to eat from the cob just like everyone else!
Overall, we had a great weekend. It's nice when you get one extra day with your family!

No comments: