Grant celebrated Christmas with all the other children at church today. While everyone else was eating lunch, Grant had a blast chasing some of the other boys around the fellowship hall. I did get him to stop for some oreos...

... and it ended up all over his face!

After lunch, we set out on a hay ride. It
wasn't cold when we started, but the wind made it a bit chilly. We huddled close to one another and sang Christmas songs to stay warm! This isn't a particularly good picture of any of us, but it is a family picture. We haven't had one of those in a while!

Grant decided it was warmer on the floor. I don't blame him...

... "maybe if I cover myself in hay, I can get warm!"

Afterwards, we worked on making our gingerbread house picture frame. Grant was really focused at first, but lost interest when I wouldn't let him eat the fake candy.

Santa! We finally made it to Santa's lap. All the children got to sit on his lap, but we had to go in order... from youngest to oldest! Presley (the youngest) did a great job and just smiled for the camera. Evelyn and Elizabeth both cried when they saw that big beard! Then, we placed Grant in Santa's lap... his strategy was a little different. He sat so perfectly still. He wouldn't move a muscle... only his little eyes would move from side to side. It was if he was thinking, "Maybe if I'm really quiet and don't move, this strange man won't know I'm here." Santa did try to bribe him with some candy...

... at least that means I got one picture without his pacifier. We left promptly after talking with Santa, and Grant was asleep before we left the parking lot. He wore himself out with all this holiday cheer!
1 comment:
What a lovely picture of the family :) love you guys! Julie
Post a Comment