Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Hurricane Ike is fast approaching. Gary, Grant and I evacuated to mom and dad's house since the projected path seems to be directly over our house (not to be dramatic or anything). Gary boarded up our house last night and we left this morning. Our neighbors are staying, so hopefully they will be able to give us updates on our house. We just didn't want to take a risk with a 5-month-old baby. We will keep you updated. Ok, this video is for Dad: Your wife and my husband thought this would be the best way to prepare. I don't know what they were thinking. I would like to point out that I am not in the video. Grant said he wanted nothing to do with it, so this is how he helped prepare for the hurricane. We did board up one room of the house just in case there was a stray tornado. Unfortunately, we had to take down the shutters first (they were plastic and the nails wouldn't stay in!). We worked really hard today. We brought in all loose items from the outside and that took a LONG time. Hopefully, it will all be worth it. We are rewarding ourselves with a dinner out! Please keep us and all of the Gulf Coast in your prayers.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ha! That picture of Grant his hilarious!!! Miss you all.