Saturday, September 27, 2008

A "Tiger-Bear"

Everyone in Gary's family is a "bear." Gary was "Pookey-Bear." Greg was "Booger-Bear." And Grant is "Tiger-Bear." We decided that it was time to take Tiger-Bear to the zoo. It was a beautiful day, so we took advantage of the Enrichment Day... basically, that means they put watermelon out for all the animals. This makes the animals more likely to be active, so that you watch the animals eat and play instead of just sitting there like they normally do. We had a blast!
Ok, get this: There was a Petting Zoo inside of a Children's Zoo inside of the regular zoo. Basically, they had goats pinned up and the kids could pet them. Not sure how much Grant got out of this, but the other kids were having a blast. I love those blue eyes! Me and my sweet boy! Grant loved the sea animals. He just watched and watched this otter swim. He also loved the fish! Oh, did I tell you he can read signs now? Yup, he did the whole time we were there. What a "Genius-Bear!"
Ok, Grant this animal is very important... It's your Tippi's favorite. Don't forget it. Yumm... lunch in the park. Grant just put his head down on Gary's shoulder. I thought it was too sweet to pass up taking a picture. We had a great time! I can't wait til Grant is just a little fellow running around the zoo and yelling out the names of all the animals he knows! It won't be long!

No comments: