Thursday, September 18, 2008

R.I.P. Oscar

We called around yesterday to try to find any vet in the area that was open. Over the last few weeks Oscar has lost several pounds, has stopped eating, and has been very lethargic. We took him to a vet this morning. They had no power and were working by sunlight. After a quick examination, she felt that we needed to take Oscar somewhere that could provide him full service (x-rays, etc). We found another vet that was open and actually had electricity. He diagnosed Oscar with Feline Infectious Peritonitis. The prognosis was grim and we had to put Oscar down. He had fluid in his abdomen and on his lungs and we wanted to minimize his suffering. We will miss you, Oscar! We love you!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty, Aims. Before long, I'll bet Grant will be asking for a pet (that you get to take care of) and the house will be super full again!