Thursday, September 4, 2008

What Is That?

Several new moms have been telling me about this "thing" in Grant's mouth. I was curious, so I decided to get a couple for Grant. It is shaped like a pacifier, but has a mesh bag at one end. You can open up the "pacifier" and place any kinds of fruits or veggies (or anything you want) inside. Yesterday, I tried grapes with Grant. He loved it! Since they are confined inside a mesh bag, you don't have to worry about large pieces of food choking your baby. I also want to try watermelon... I think he will enjoy that. In other baby food news, I made a HUGE batch of sweet potatoes for Grant yesterday. I think I slightly over-estimated our sweet potato need. I also bought some apples that I am going to bake and puree for our boy as well. It is extremely cost effective to make your own baby food, plus it has the added advantage of knowing exactly what your baby is eating. This is the website I am using for my recipes: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ And in other food news (it just keeps coming), I signed up for The Grocery Game ( http://www.thegrocerygame.com/ ) yesterday (busy day). For those of you who don't know what it is, The Grocery Game is an interactive website that tells you where to buy certain foods, on what day to buy them, and which coupons to use in order to get the most for your money. It has a small monthly fee, but I think it will be totally worth it.

3 comments:

The McGlones said...

YaY another baby food making mom!!! I love love love that website =) Elliott eats more variety than I do lol
I think it's very important to know exactly what is going in your baby's tummy~no fillers like the commerical brand food and have you seen the amount of sodium??
My neighbor got me hooked on making my own food and I am so glad she did!!

Julie said...

That's awesome! It's like a lollipop for babies! miss you guys so much!

The Yurasko Family said...

What is it called, and where can you buy it!?!