Grant turns ten months old today! As of late we have been dealing with some major separation anxiety. According to the books, this is when it happens. I officially agree! I drop him off at the nursery at church and he cries. I drop him off at the YMCA and he cries. I leave the room for a minute at playgroup and he cries. After leaving the room momentarily this morning, I came back in, picked up a crying Grant, and he clung to me for at least thirty minutes (which I have to admit wasn't ALL bad).
He's learning many new skills, too! He is so close to walking! Yesterday he took half a step and then fell down. He was just so close! Grant also helps me turn off all the lights in the house and has learned to stand up on his own (without pulling up on something). He waves bye-bye and says, "GO!" I realize I have been so focused on motor skills that I have neglected to work on language skills (a little ironic, huh?). So this week we are going to continue learning body parts and colors. We have also added a few "signs" to our vocabulary, so hopefully Grant will pick up on those sometime soon.
Recently, Grant has become quite obsessed with our kitchen table. He spends a good part of his day under it, around it or MOVING it. :)

He makes me laugh when he tries crawling under the railing on the chair. He
maneuvers his head beneath the bar, but his
hiney is always too big to slide past it... so he ends up dragging the chair with his
hiney or having to shimmy his way out.

Apparently, I was supposed to leave. He hasn't quite figured out when it is or isn't appropriate to wave bye-bye.

My little munchkin (in an 18 month outfit)!
1 comment:
This comment is acutally for your previous posting - we have a label-maker, too! We labeled the inside of our pantry lately and its so much easier to keep organized now!!
Post a Comment