Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'll Show You!

Yesterday, Grant and I went to the store. As we were shopping, Grant spotted a little boy walking around. He would not take his eyes off of him (as he usually does when he spots another child) and kept pushing on me so I would let him down. He was pushing so hard, I was having problems keeping my grip on him. I tried distracting him so we could continue with our shopping. As I turned around, I whispered in Grant's ear, "Honey, you can't get down. You can't walk yet." Later that afternoon, Grant is playing in the living room. He takes a step and half towards the ottoman. I was super excited! Then, he turns away from the ottoman and takes four steps out into the middle of the living room!!! He continued to take a step or two on his own all afternoon, but we haven't been able to recreate "The Four Steps!" I felt like he wanted his mom to know that there was no challenge he couldn't face! If I say he can't do something, he'll prove me wrong! Anyhow, for those of you who chose between 10 and 11 months on my poll... you're right! He turned 10 months just a few days ago.