Monday, February 2, 2009

An Apple a Day

Grant and I have a had a super busy day. We started the morning at playgroup, then came home for a yummy lunch and a quick nap. While Grant was sleeping, I made his baby food for the week and a grocery list. Off to the store we go... I always give Grant some fruit to hold onto while we are in the store. It keeps him preoccupied and I would like to think that he is building his vocab. Today, I grabbed some apples, wiped one off on my shirt (that makes it clean, right?), said "apple" real loud, and handed it to him. Normally, he just looks at it, but this time he stuck it in his mouth and started eating it! Apparently, this was highly entertaining to the other shoppers. Every one wanted to watch my little boy eat his apple.
Grant and his apple. This kept him entertained the entire trip! I certainly know what to do next time. Still working on the apple as we loaded up into the car. By the time we got home, the apple was gone! All that remained was the core (and a bit on his face, shirt, hands, etc).

1 comment:

The McGlones said...

that is so cute! haha only a mommy would have her digital camera with her on a shopping trip! Never know when those cute moments happen!