Even though I taught idioms to fourth graders, I have no skill when using them myself. This isn't news to me, but it has become apparent that I use idioms incorrectly ALL THE TIME and no one ever corrects me.
What not to say: "It's all the rage!"
Correct usage: "It's all the rave!"
According to Jessica, I only have idiots as friends, as no one has ever noticed that I say this incorrectly. She also believes that I have an inner anger issue that is being revealed in this slip of the tongue. Hmmmm?
Side note: As soon as I get some pictures, I'll let you in on the great big surprise I had last night.
1 comment:
The other night Beau said "Like giving candy to a baby!" Considering that you should never give candy to a baby should have been his first clue that this was wrong. He's also passed rthis trait onto our son who said, "Is Sadie going to take a little cat nap?" Ha!!
Post a Comment