Thursday, January 21, 2010

One Month Old (The Month of Funny Faces)

Grayson is already a month old! These milestones always seem to sneak up on me. He reminds me so much of Grant, yet is so different. Grayson sleeps all day. Grant slept all night. Grayson is the sweetest baby. Grant was the strongest baby. I think Grayson is going to have Gary's tender-heartedness and Grant is going to have Gary's charm. I snapped a few photos of my boy over the last few days. He makes the funniest faces I have ever seen...
"Mom, it's time to eat!" (It's always time to eat... this child never stops!) "Or maybe I just want to go to sleep..."
"Yep, definitely sleep."
"No, never mind! I'm awake now... why am I falling?"
Ok, this picture says it all...
Grant: "What can I do to Grayson to make mommy mad?"
Grayson: "Mommy, what have you done?"
Grant makes me laugh daily. He also frustrates me daily. A typical conversation for us:
Mommy: "Grant, let's put on your shoes so we can go outside."
Grant: "No." (Starts running around and laughing as if I should be amused.)
Mommy: "Don't you want to go outside?"
Grant: "Mmm-hmmm."
Mommy: "Well, then we have to put on your shoes."
Grant: "No." (Laughing even harder.)
Mommy: "Grayson wants you to put on your shoes so we can go outside."
Grant: Sits down in my lap and puts on his shoes. He will do whatever his brother 'says.' I'm so glad I've learned that one. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that it works for more than just a few days. I love how much he loves his brother!
In other news, Grant isn't feeling well. He didn't nap at all yesterday, but passed out on the couch. He went to bed at 6:30 last night, but was up at 5:30 this morning. Poor boy doesn't know which way is up right now. He is so tired and miserable. And it's only a cold!

No comments: