Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Catching Some Z's

Anyone who has talked to me over the last few months probably knows that Grant's behavior has been frustrating me. I just know that he is a super sweet boy who is capable of behaving, cooperating and listening. After he poured milk on our computer two weeks ago, I had a huge epiphany. It's not his behavior that needs to change, it's mine. The last few months I have been so distracted that I don't think I am giving him the attention that he deserves. We have been going through the motions of every day life. I still take him to the park, to playgroup, etc, but I need to be hands on with Grant at every possible moment. So, I have been playing and talking to this kid non-stop. Well, I don't know if this is all coincidence or if my action plan is working. Grant has started using sentences all of a sudden, he actively listens and he has been so much happier. Everything has been much easier. And it's had a bit of a side effect...
Grant fell asleep while eating lunch! His sandwich is still in his lap! He tried so hard to make it to his bed, but he had to stop and rest on the floor for a bit.
I had to go wake him up at 8:00AM this morning, so that he could go to school. By the way, whose bed is this anyway? He's completely taken over!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I am laughing so hard!! I love the one laying on the floor!!! He looks so grown up!