Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, Grant!

Yea! Grant is two! We rented a pavilion out at Camp Mohawk for his birthday. It was the perfect idea for this year because there was plenty to do for Grant and his friends! They played on the jungle gym, tested out the swings, dug through the sand and fed the ducks. Everything a two year old loves to do!
Grant and Jordan patiently waiting for the cupcakes to come out. We started to sing 'Happy Birthday' to Grant and he covers his face! This kid has been acting so shy lately. I thought it was adorable. "I don't know, dad. You said mom made these? I don't normally like her cooking."
"Ok, it's good!"
Grant loved opening gifts. What two year old wouldn't? But each time we opened a gift, he wanted to stop and play with it! Took us a while to open all the gifts!
"Whatcha lookin' at?"
" You mean the Thomas paper isn't the gift?"
"Tools! Now I can teach daddy a few things!"
Bibby and Grant. Tippi and Michael. What a team!
Gary and Jahno. Let the male bonding begin.
Uncle John and Grant. Presley and Carl.
"Ok, Michael. Let me show you how this is done."
Aren't they adorable? Side note: Michael is Grant's good friend who also turned two the same weekend. I love watching them play together!
The other birthday boy smiles for the camera!
"What? Was I not supposed to do that?"
Time to feed the ducks!!!!
It was a family event.
Grant has much improved on his duck feeding skills. He used to eat the bread himself. Now, he calmly waits for ducks to appear and chunks the bread into the water.
"Maybe they'll come to us if we sit down and get quiet."
"Here ducky, ducky."
What a cutie!
Thank you to everyone who came to Grant's party! It was so nice to be surrounded by family and friends who love our sweet boy! And a special thanks to Uncle Mike and Aunt Robin for all your help preparing for the party. I couldn't have done it without you!

2 comments:

Katy said...

Happy Birthday Grant!

Kami said...

I thought Grant's shyness was super adorable, too! Jordan had a great time - thanks for having us!