Friday, April 2, 2010

Just Call Me 'Super Mom'

I don't mean to brag, but after reading this post, I think you'll be pretty impressed too. That's not to say I think that I could repeat this performance!
Our sister-in-law, Jen, has been having some complications from her c-section. After another stay in the hospital last week, she needed help taking care of Austin. I volunteered to drive up to Dallas this week and meet my sweet nephew... but I didn't go alone!
Grayson and I made the trip up, and I spent my days managing either one baby or the other. I became a pro at entertaining Grayson while rocking Austin. I also learned that I can get much more done in a day than I ever thought possible! Oh, and it is possible to breastfeed one baby while bottle feeding another! I found myself in that position quite a few times and I think that was the only time of day that the house was quiet. But I had so much fun getting to know Austin and I loved the times that both babies were happy at the same time (few and far between, but totally worth it)! Jen and I did get a chance to take some pictures of the boys...
Beautiful Austin! This is the precursor to sitting in matching lawn chairs on the beach.
Our wide-eyed boys!
Ok, I could just eat him up! He did such a great job while we were there! I am amazed at the adaptability of babies.
How can you resist that?
Ok, it's all over! Just come over now and give my boy a kiss!

No comments: