Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sleep, Baby, Sleep!

For those of you have talked to me over the last few weeks this is not news to you, however, I thought I would provide a bit of an update: Grant has always been a "cat-napper." He would take 5 or 6 one hour naps every day. This was slightly frustrating since it doesn't leave you much time to leave the house! I was trying desperately to make his 6 one hour naps into 3 two hour naps, or even better, 2 three hour naps. About three weeks ago, Grant came down with a cold and napping schedules went out the window. Immediately following the cold, Grant started spitting up constantly in very large amounts. He also became extremely fussy during nap time and, at the pennacle of it all, would wake up in the middle of the night just screaming. I took Grant to the doctor yesterday to discuss my very happy, sweet baby turning into a big grouch. He threw out some possible causes and even fewer solutions (although we are changing his formula). The doctor was taking a "wait and see" approach, which I think has turned out to be right. Sunday, Grant took a THREE HOUR NAP! That has never happened... not even close. Yesterday, he took a two hour nap. Today, he took another THREE HOUR NAP again! So, I think whatever was bothering Grant has vanished (possibly a stomach bug) AND we might be able to start setting up those longer naps. Our sleeping schedule should look like this: 7:00 - Wake-up 8:00-9:00 Morning nap 11:30-2:30 Afternoon nap 4:30-5:30 Evening nap 7:00 - Bedtime

1 comment:

The Yurasko Family said...

Wow - I'm impressed if he sleeps from 7pm to 7am!! Can Grant come to visit to give Alezandra sleeping lessons? :)