Grant and I went to exercise our right to vote yesterday. I was worried about crowds, so I waited until after Grant's first nap. We pulled up to the local firestation at about 9:45. I didn't want to get caught in the morning crowd or in the lunch crowd, so I thought this would be the perfect time. I walked into the building and there was ONE person voting. When I left, I was the ONLY one there! Gary went after work (about 5:30), and I thought for sure it would be totally packed. He said there were two people in line when he got there. Talk about a mad rush!
Anyhow, I took Grant with me. I thought there would be all these people waving American flags and giving each other high fives... what a great experience for Grant! No, none of that. One guy gave me a nail file with our Tax Assessor/Collector's name on it, but not quite the hoopla I was expecting.
I gave Grant my "I Voted" sticker. This is the exact expression I had on my face when I was voting:
No comments:
Post a Comment