Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day...Without the Turkey

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Grant started his first Thanksgiving by sleeping in till 8:00 AM! I woke up at 7:15 and kept thinking, "Is he OK? What's wrong? When will he wake up?" I checked on him several times. I guess he just wanted to sleep in! We will defintitely take more of this. What are the chances he'll repeat this again tomorrow?!
We packed up and made the 20 minute drive to Tippi and PawPaw's. Bibby and John joined us for a wonderful Thanksgiving lunch sans turkey. Most of us prefer chicken to turkey, so that has become a Scogin family tradition. After lunch we played Bingo and Farkle (a dice game). Grant was mesmerized by the dice. Maybe we should take him to Vegas! :) All in all, we had a great time.
Grant with his Tippi and PawPaw. Thanks for such a great first Thanksgiving! Our first family picture in a few weeks, at least. I just wish we could get Grant to smile when we take his picture! HA! Grant apparently wants to "be like Mike." For you non-basketball lovers out there, that would be Michael Jordan! He has this new habit of just hanging his tongue outside his mouth. Hummm...
He just finished eating his very own turkey dinner, which he managed to smear all over his very own turkey shirt.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ha! I CAN'T WAIT to meet this kid. What a huge, fantastic personality!