Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Big Boy Bed

We have been slowly working on Grant's Big Boy Room. It used to be our guest room/craft room. We no longer have a guest room (sorry!) and the craft room is being relocated and demoted to a 'craft area.' Last weekend, Gary painted three of the four walls in Grant's new room. It's a beautiful cornflower blue. I love it. There's a surprise waiting for Grant on the other wall... I'll post more on that later.
This weekend, we put up blinds and assembled Grant's Big Boy Bed. We still need to add the rails and find a head board, but it looks super cute. After we had finished, I rested on Grant's bed. He was playing cars and didn't seem to notice at first. After a minute or two, he walks over to me and pulls on my hand because he wants me to get off the bed. I told him, "This is your big boy bed. If you want me to get up, I will." So I did. He proceeds to climb into bed and get under the covers:
"Look, mom, I'm in my Big Boy Bed!" Already sleepy!
If you tell Grant to 'go to sleep,' he pretends to fall asleep. Then wakes up laughing.
I told him to close his eyes. Whenever I tell him that, he just covers them with his hands.
While he was in bed, he started pointing at the light switch. My cue to turn off the light. So I turned off the light and the music and closed his door. I left it cracked just enough so that I could watch. After a few moments in his bed, he jumped out, pulled the comforter off and 'went to sleep' on the floor. He makes me laugh! I am hoping all of this means it will be an easy transition to his new room. We plan on doing that in just a few weeks, so any advice or prayers are welcome!

No comments: