Saturday was yet another beautiful day. We had plans to drive and meet the Ballards at Dewberry Farm. We invited Tippi, PawPaw, Bibby and John along so that we could have a small "family" reunion.
The reunion caught on tape. Wish I could have captured more of the hugging, but these two boys are too precious!

As happy as we all were to see each other, there was nothing like the reaction of Elijah and Grant. They hugged and giggled. Then walked off holding hands.

They were in their own little world. Elijah
repeated everything Grant did and Grant just laughed at everything Elijah had to say. What a cute pair!

Me, Grant, Elijah and Bibby making the journey to the (extremely long) ticket line.

John with baby Sadie.
The first hour or so we just stood in lines. A line to get in, a line for the restrooms, then a line to eat. The boys were ready to have some play time!

Erica, Sadie and me. It was so good to see my girl. We talk daily, but there is something different about getting to see that beautiful face in person!

Grant was
running everywhere, so it was hard to capture a picture. Especially since I was usually
behind him. But he had a grin on his face the whole time!

Erica was able to catch a somewhat normal photo of my
child. As you can see, I am running a few steps behind!

"What a beautiful day, mom! I'm having a great time!"

Grant got so excited when he saw the goats!

John helped Grant feed the "hungry" goats...

... and he, of course, thought it was fun!
Everywhere Elijah went, Grant followed. And vice verse. Too cute!

Elijah and Grant searching for that perfect pumpkin.

"I found mine and I love it!" Grant gives kisses to things as well as people, now. I think this is one of my new favorite pictures.

We took a snow cone break towards the end of our day. We were all so thirsty and worn out, even though it was a relatively cool day.
Tippi, Grant and
PawPaw relaxing in the shade. My poor boy was dirty, sunburned and sticky by this point. He was also exhausted, but he did such a great job!

Gary and I enjoying the shade as well.
Haha, Beau! We didn't even notice until he told us. What a goof! :)
PawPaw had the magic shoulder on Saturday. Grant chose it as his afternoon resting place. Soon afterwards, we all headed back to our cars to go home...

... and Grant slept the whole way to my parent's house. If the drive would have been longer, I am sure he would have slept even longer. He was worn out!

While Gary was loading Grant into the car, we opened presents for Elijah's third birthday and managed to take a 'girl' picture (plus Elijah). We had such a great time!!! Gary and I are going to have to go back again next year... with our BOYS! Can't believe I am saying that. Hopefully, we'll have some good company again!
No comments:
Post a Comment